Thursday, August 7, 2008

08.05.08 ~ 08.07.08: Angsana Resort & Spa

Angsana Resort & Spa Bintan
60 minutes by high-speed catamaran from Singapore and a 10-minute drive from Bandar Bentan Telani Ferry Terminal, Bintan, Indonesia The name 'angsana' reminds me of those days back in primary school, whereby I remember the tree is dome-shade, lots of dense, dark green leaves & provides good shelter. I also recall gathering the flat, almost roundish, dried & brown angsana seed for Science project. The seeds easily disperses by wind. However, I don't remember the look of the Angsana flowers.

Pity... I did not see any flowers on the angsana trees, here.


Boo is not at all excited over coming here as she has started to be afraid of things...
She's scared of water, going to swimming...
She's scared of the sea.
Scared of taking boat (ferry).
She just wants to be safe, stay at home & watch her cartoons (current fave: Koala Brothers) & play her beads & masak masak.

For 5 days already, Boo has not been able to take milk & oily/fried stuff as she had severe stomach flu on 07/30/08 late night. The non-stop vommitting freaks me out. Luckily, I managed to get her out of the bedroom before Boo threw up.
While walking along the jetty from Singapore Customs to board the ferry, I could feel the 'floor' moving.
Boo refuses to walk... piggy-back is not possible. Boo's dad carried her while I took care of our luggage.
It's a challenge to go up the platform to embark the boat. Sgp waters is terrifying turbulent... It's truely scary for me, too.
Luckily, when we arrived Bintan waters, it is peaceful and gentle.


Well, the place looks cozy & nice, just relax & do nothing. It would be good to bring along my library novels (i forgot). Boo lets me take some pictures of her as I will bring her to the swimming pool shortly...

08.05.08 1st night: We had Indonesian food @ the resort. The restaurant looks dark, romantic & lighted with candelight.
Food is not good even though price is on the steep side & in USD. (Our local HANS beats them any time.) There is hardly any simple food like eggs, omelette for Boo.
(Boo can afford to lose a bit of weight...)

08.06.08 Wed: Today is bright & sunny...
Boo & Daddy takes some bread to feed the fishes at the lotus pond.
In the afternooon, she went to the childcare to play while Daddy & I went to listen to Laguna's vacation membership sales talk. It's supposed to be less than 1 hour... but it exceeded quite a lot.

Boo has painted this turtle statue, ie. all grey.
She's had half day of fun @ the childcare as there are toys for her to play.
Really cannot compare with the Petit Club of Hokkaido Club Med.
Late afternoon, Boo & I went to the small pool to play water till it's time to go for dinner.

Tonight, the restaurant has buffet dinner. This is a nice change from yesterday's alare carte. More food choices!

08.07.08 Thu:
This morning it drizzled. We had buffet breakfast.
At 1 P.M., it's time to take the resort bus back to the ferry terminal. Our ferry departs @14:35P.M. (Bintan time)
Before we left, Boo & I saw this preying mantis on a neighbouring resort room. Boo is fascinated & afraid of it & yet, wants to keep watching it....

The boarding of passengers @ the emigrating gate is quite disorganized & crowded.
There are HongHongers, Caucasians cutting queue when priority is supposed to be given to family with babies/young children. So, at least it suffice to say that Other Non-Singaporeans are also Kia-su. This is not a pure Singaporean trait.

Back in Singapore, it is raining cats & dogs.
Home Sweet Home!



No comments: